Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Power



The Power -Vorylin

Life is a powerful force. Life is a never-ending cycle. Death is not the end; if it were, the laws of the universe itself are violated and irreconcilable, but this is not so. What is created cannot be destroyed. There is always continuation. Death is part of such a continuation.
There are two men, on opposite sides of the world, close to death themselves. One is on his deathbed, surrounded by warmth, his dear family, and his beloved friends. The other man, however, is lying on the ground on a snowy path in the mountains; he's mortally wounded in his left leg, bleeding from his femoral artery. He is surrounded by Indian, Pakistani, and Nepalese men that were sojourning with him in the Himalayas. The two men had not much in common let alone knew one another, but there's one thing they shared. They both spoke these exact same words to those around them at the exact same time:

Life was good to me. After long last, I've come to this point. However, I never
Thought it'd be now when I start to fade. Come to think of it, I never once
Sat down to contemplate when and how I would leave this world and pass on to the next.
I've lived a decent time and I've done many a thing. Many were good and yet many were bad.
I do believe though that I was a morally righteous person. Please do not think me as so haughty
That I judge myself of my own merit. That is arrogance. It is pride in its greatest form. It
Is deceit. I judge myself and you my fellows not. I am not God. Instead, I swore fealty
To a Power. “What is this Power?” you ask. “What on earth is he running his mouth on about?”
Well, allow me to lead into how I discovered The Power. When I was a young man,
I was a wreck. I had no work, no school, no ties to anyone.
I was a lone wolf who'd cut all ties to those who'd loved me. I called everything into question.
Why was this world important? Why did people care for one another? Why am I here if I
Cannot find my purpose? Is there someone or something that I'm supposed to give
A rip about? Will I ever be more than this? Will things ever look up? I wondered many times if I should simply give up and let myself die. It'd burden no one. Would it? No. There must be
Some consequence! Isn't life full of balance?! Life and death. Day and night. Up and down. Left and right. GOOD AND EVIL?! There is clearly evil in this world! Where is the Good?! Where?!
Where?! I had to know. I had to find out. I finally thought I had found the purpose I had so
Desperately longed for. I had to find the ultimate balance in life. I had to find the good
That played the ultimate counter to the evil. I looked to ancient texts of all kinds in all scripts
Looking for answers. I asked many a wise men of many a pledge. I studied the religions of the
World with great rigor. I tried my best to remain as unbiased and objective as possible. I
Tried essentially to be God and think as morally as I could to determine what path
Was indeed more righteous. In the end, I concluded that I had failed greatly in my endeavor
To find the ultimate good. Some paths were utterly wrong; others held more standards but still fell
Short; others seemed almost infallible. And yet something was missing. No matter how good
Any single man can be, we all are innately evil. It seems that good cannot come from evil;
If it seems that it does, then it is not genuine. We all have secret intentions; we all have something
To want from one another. We will stop at nothing to make sure we have what we want or need
To survive. If so, then all of these other schools of thought and philosophy were wrong
Whether or not the partakers knew it or not. I was torn. I was lost. I did not know what to do!
What could I do? I'm evil, but I want to be good. What sense did this make!? Does this mean that evil comes from good and vice versa?! I did not know. I was devastated. To further lament my sorrow
Over the discovery and thoughts that plagued my mind, I decided to take a walk in the countryside.
All of a sudden, I was unaware of myself. I was knocked to the ground. I was immobile. What
Was happening? I regained awareness in a wasteland of whiteness. I was there by myself, but
I had the feeling that I wasn't alone. I felt something on the inside of me speaking to my
Soul and my spirit. My soul was set at ease and my spirit became satisfied. It did not speak as
In my ears or my mind, but through small, swift whispers to my heart. It identified i\Itself simply as
The Power. I asked what it was, where it came from, and what it wanted with me. It explained
that it is the fabric of life itself. It's always existed and always will exist, even to the end of an age.
What it wanted with me.... Well, It came to fulfill my ever-burning desire to seek meaning,
Knowledge, and understanding of life. It was the One I was looking for this entire time.
Since It is and was good and I was not, I could not find pardon in my faults and transgressions
Of myself. Only It could relieve me of such burdens; I will not be judged by it when
I leave this world for what lies next.
It is the opposite of all the evil in this world. It explained to me that only in it, that one
Can truly be good. I eagerly accepted It into my life and thankfully embraced Its
Counsel. I woke up. I do not know to this day how long I lay prostrate on the ground, but
I finally had It. I finally had the Power and It had me. But what did this all mean?
Does this mean that I'm free of evil?! I'm still innately wicked just as much as any other
Man, but I have a way out of judgment. I clung to Its every Word. Through It, I felt change.
I felt as if I were not being good for the sake of getting something for myself, but I
Felt that I was doing good for the sake of doing good. Even though there were many in the
World like me doing the exact same thing, they still fell short. They did not have the Power.
I saw the world differently. I looked upon everything with compassion. I wanted to help
Every forlorn soul, and so I did my best to assist everyone I had crossed paths with.
That was fine and all, but it wasn't my purpose. My purpose is to use the Power through
The Power to make everyone pure. How can this be? Man must accept the Power
Just like I had. Of course, this is no simple task. Many had their own philosophies about
Life and did not want the Power. They're content with their system of life. But,
Here's the problem: the Power is life. It is the essence of existence. Rejecting the
Notion of its existence is insanity and in itself the notion becomes a paradox. Without the
Power, evil and darkness will engulf and destroy those without it and only entropy will
Remain. This is the peril of the chaos. The world does not know the Power! It does not know
It is on the path of desolation and ruin! It is ignorant of what it's rejecting. What's worse, is
That the world and the things of this world will not get better. Things will grow worse
For man. I am no harbinger of doom or bringer of the end and neither is the Power,
But that does not mean that the end won't come. This is a warning to you, my companions.
If I did not care for you, then I would not be sharing this with you. I am saying this
With the utmost urgency that you must hear me! You have ears, so listen! You have
A heart and mind so feel and think! How can one hear of this Power and not acknowledge
Its existence?! Beware being without the Power; if you do not have It, you will be devoured
By the scourges of humanity. I wanted to tell all of you some time ago. I wanted to wait
For the most opportune time. Well, the Power wills that this is the time. I am at the end
Of myself and at the beginning of the ethereal. The Power wants you. It wants all of you.
It in of itself is complete and whole, but we without it are not. Like I said and like it
Witnessed, It is the final piece of the puzzle. The piece is complete in the essence
Of its fabric. Creation is made well. Please, contemplate these words of mine.
Consider what I've said and weigh them to true morality. Accept the Power and believe
In what its capable of. It restores and maintains wholeness and brings about goodness.
But again, I plead that you please do not go
To your grave without thinking about it. It spells disaster in the end for I fear I do not
Know where one without the Power goes when they fade. I don't want to know.
I long to leave this world. My time has come. Farewell. I pray and hope that I can see you again.
Someday.....

They both slipped away simultaneously without another word. They left behind those who were with them. They talked amongst themselves and thought to themselves about what was just spoken to them. Some dismissed his words while others believed his news. They feared for themselves, those around them, and the world in general. Some accepted the Power like they did, and others didn't. The two would soon meet and be able to converse about their past lives. They'll be together with countless other through the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the people said...