Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cold

Cold - Vorylin
I am louder than a bitter roar.

The lower I am, the higher I soar.


My palace is near the ground, near the floor.

You may not see it now, but you feel what I have in store.

To my rival, it seems I am the one overthrown

And yet I am the one who against he is outshone

My seeds of influence easily sown

Hidden affluence, harnessed by the unknown.

Having known that I've committed to this fight

To resolve itself in a bitter respite.

We are in a stalemate. This is my plight.

Here I am tangled in such a wicked slight.

I am the purest rebuttal, the mighty retort

To that of my opponent whose work I twist and contort

To the point where its existence may be abort

And I singly am the one left to exhort.

The rest sit and contemplate my might and power

So they may not regret the time, the place, or hour

Of their reckoning during a moonless night and a frigid shower.

I am one who induces slumber and sustains life that it may again bloom and flower.

I am your guard preserving the rear

So anything beyond me is nothing to fear.

Crisp, clean atmospheres ever so clear

As a flake of mine can wear as if I had shed a tear.

For myself, there is no greater consequence to be

Than that of being what even I cannot see.

It is this possibility of chance that in what I do I am free

To stave my rival's reckoning spree.

Hardening that of even the softest fleece

And disturbing yet administering my own peace;

Upon those who know I am the one who creeps

Into the body, the bones, it seeps.

As it slips in further, the body succumbs further to a daze,

But, thankfully, it is nothing but a transition. A phase

on the forbidden path of violence we raze;

A lasting image that bonds hither and stays.

Aggravatingly, captivatingly, methodically, meticulously, logically,

Ingeniously, surgically, precisely, accurately, troublingly,

Devastatingly, apocalyptically, strategically, charismatically,

Impressive I am, however I am lonely.

It matters not whether I or the populace will pay

The price of entering the fray

Between me and that of my rival, I say

That time in night and confidence in day.

I am one of modest yet deep ambition

And I deny lofty footholds of superstition

That it may not uproot my credibility and position

As I can hold my own against my opposition.

Light beckons to me in the greatest clarity,

Yet Darkness comes to me in the least rarity

So we join forth efforts in our charity.

Despite this, I hold forth reprieve in chastity.

Slowness is my domain, in my space

The drained is what I bear on that of man’s face

I am fast against the race

To slow that of my rival and indeed I give chase.

Let he who admires me drink of my harmony chalice

And let he not succumb to my malice

As he is not a victim of vindictive avarice

In which neither to me, God, or man does he become callous.

I am a noteworthy power that should be used in extract

So that other nobles may join with us in contract

Out of sheer greatness in mere contact

With that of I, this is a stable fact.

In the eyes of a beholder, more than one can shake a fist,

Healing and freezing away ailments and a cyst

Restoring the essence of life and all that it could consist.

Reconsider me of worth, please. To this I greatly insist.

Strangely enough, I am associated with death and the sick.

This is not my choice, nor is it my most delightful pick;

Such a designation is one that I would love not with it to stick

As to portray me as anything different is a malevolent trick.

To many, I am an outcast, an ingrate!

A better purpose is to freeze than conflagrate

And subjugate to cooperate

Against the status quo’s conglomerate.

Now it is up to humanity to decide

On which of us to confide

In for unique protection I or the wretched Heat can provide.

Once chosen, I give great strength should you choose to co-inside.

I am a greater force than any that is sold,

For I alone am only so bold

And carry an effect that is ever so old.

I am a grand force that will never fold

Nor do what of me is told

I am what you call the Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the people said...