Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hannat, The Redeemed (The Seven)

Hannat, the Redeemed

I begin to open my eyes, but it's quite strenuous. I feel great, aching pain
All over my body. My legs, torso, arms, back, and head feel like they're on
Fire.... Why?.... Oh wait. That's right. I'm being tortured. Why is that again?
Oh, right. I'm a criminal.
There's a great, acute pain that I feel in my eye and
I scream at the top of my lungs. I scream for what seems to be thirty seconds
But it feels like an eternity. When I stop yelling, the pain lingers almost as
Powerful as ever. All the while, the keeper laughs maniacally at my pain.
What on earth?... Oh. The keeper just used a brand to sear my eye. I'm surprised
That I'm still conscious. He then proceeds to use a plethora of knives that he's
Been using on me many times while I've been awake before fading into
A comatose state due to the pain I endure. He's been ordered not to kill me
for I'm to be sent to court and a trial's to be held for my crimes. He's perfectly
Fine with this and he relishes in the pain that I suffer. He flogs my back on the
Hour so it seems and he cuts me everywhere except for where vital blood vessels lie.
He's even gone as far as to stab me in my arms and torso and then proceed
To cauterize the wounds with a brand so they would not bleed. I'll give him that
This is a pretty successful torture method........ THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE!!!!
Then again, it's what I deserve. Knowing the things I've done, this is merely the
Beginning of my atonement. The keeper continues to work on me. I wonder
How long I've been here... when will this end? This sick man is insane.....
How did he become so proficient with knives?..... When will I pass out again?
When will they fetch me for my trial? Just as that madman had finished cauterizing
Another one of the many stab wounds he's opened up on my body, there was a
Loud knock on the large, wooden double doors that mark the entrance to the
Torture chamber. It was one of the many guards in the fortress and he told me
And the keeper that it was time for me to be moved to trial. Another guard
Accompanied the first one and undid my shackles. Next thing I know, I'm being
Dragged across that stone floor and up the stone stairs. Due to the mighty pains
That plague me, I am unable to walk and standing is virtually impossible on my
Own. I'm taken down more corridors I dare to count; I'm so disoriented and
Spaced out because the unbearable pain I'm experiencing is the only thing on my
Mind. Finally we arrive at the gateway to my destruction: the mighty wood doors
Standing as the entrance to the trial room. Inside on an elevated platform is a judge;
By the platform is a noble lawman holding a scroll in his hand. The room was also
Filled with many people. They would make up the jury. Whatever verdict they
Shout, the judge will pass judgment accordingly. The room is extremely bright;
White stone lines the walls. In the center of the room is a stone pillar – the place
Where I will be for the trial. I am then forced to kneel in front of the pillar, to which
I am bound. The judge then announces that the trial begins and he asks the lawman
What my charges are. I know what they are, but he must recite them to the jury. He
Then proceeds down the devilishly long list of crimes of which I am guilty of.
I am a murderer. I am a thief of material and emotion. I am a fornicator. I am a
Disturbance of the peace. I am a rebel. I am a destroyer of property. I am
The enemy of the people. The lawman cites the blasted details to the jury; I can
See disdain and hatred boil up on their faces as they display their contempt for my existence.
As the lawman concludes, the judge asks for the people to decide whether I am
To be acquitted or sentenced. The crowd of about a hundred replied with a resounding
“GUILTY!”. I was not surprised. I've come to terms that I am a cretin. I'm at peace
With the fact that I am a blight to my fellow man and must be eliminated like
A domestic bull gone rogue. The judge then replies, “Very well. Hannat, you are
Hereby condemned to death by hanging. Good riddance and get him out of
My sight!” With that I am forcefully ripped from the pillar by the guards and we
Proceeded outside to where the gallows were. There were even more people
Outside eagerly awaiting the execution filling the courtyard. It seems I'm the
Main attraction of the day as there seems to be no other prisoners being sent
To be hanged today. They're all screaming and yelling decrying my acts
And my being. The guards bringing to the gallows did not allow them to approach
Me, but the guards still decided to have their own fun; by fun, I mean they'd shove me
And hit me with the pommels of their swords and the ends of their spears. It was a
Tumultuous one hundred meter walk to the gallows from the fort and I'm being
Marched up the stairs. I look at the angry, hating faces of the people and I think that
I cannot blame them. They shout curses and wish me damnation in death. This is
Fine with me. I'm ushered into position and they put the noose around my neck.
It then hits me that I'm crying. I'm overcome with great emotion and remorse and
Grief and regret at what I'd done. The people shout “WHY IS HE CRYING?!
SURELY, HE DOESN'T CARE!” Oh, I do. At the end, I do. And so it ends. I close my
Eyes. The next time I opened them, I wasn't dead, but I wasn't in my body. I saw two
Figures on two crosses: I saw a being of pure darkness hanging on a cross of great
Light and the other Being was of pure light on a cross of great darkness. I was the
Former. The next thing I knew the Being of pure light cried out “It is finished!”
And promptly died. Just after this happened, to this day I don't understand, but
Everything had switched; I became a being of light on a cross of darkness and He
Became a being of darkness on a cross of light. I started to weep in the metaphysical
State I had felt my conscious being suspended in; at the very same time, the
Form representing me was also doing the same. I closed my eyes again, and the next time
I opened them, I was back in the real world. To my great surprise and dismay, I was
Now hanging on a cross of great Fire. Apparently, no time had really past as the same
People who were wishing me dead one moment ago are now standing in awe and
In surprise. The noose was gone; I simply hung there on a 12 foot high cross
Of great flame. I closed my eyes once more. My entire body was then ignited
By the cross, but my body was Not harmed. It entered into my body, my mind, my
Soul, and my spirit and destroyed the old and remade me anew. I opened my eyes once
Again and I was still on the cross. The people began to gasp and cry in fear and I knew
Not as to why. The cross then disappeared and I fell to the ground. As I picked
Myself off of the ground, I noticed that I was not in the tattered clothes that
A prisoner wore, but I was wearing a full suit of armor minus a helmet. By my
Right hand was a great claymore with a crimson-tinted blade and a red hilt. I looked down
At the suit and it was a deep shade of red; there around my neck was a cloth that
Was bolted to the armor. On this white fabric was a crimson cross.

I can feel on my back that an insignia of a flame was etched onto my back. I looked at my
Hands and began to weep. The people didn't know what to think. Neither did I,
But there was Something on the inside of me telling me what I must do:
“Go. Sin no longer. You've been forgiven and acquitted of your crimes. Love others
As I have loved you. All I ask of you is that you'd share with others what I've done
For you so they may be changed from the inside out too. That Sword is your weapon
Of which you fight back the darkness in the hearts of men. When the wicked fall
At the hands of this Sword, they will encounter something similar to that which you've
Experienced. On your walk to be the Light and spread the influence, you will
Find others who are like-minded and have had similar experiences; join with
Them and combine the powers of which I have given you.” I had then looked up and
Saw that many people had aruas of darkness emanating from their bodies.
Knowing what I must do, I had picked up my Sword and hopped off the gallows.
As I approached one of them, the darkness inside them noticed the Light in me.
Because of this, it drove the person to draw his weapon and charge at me;
Undaunted I gripped my Sword which then ignited. I felt as if my whole body were an inferno.
We did battle, but in the end I won. I slashed the person with the sword, and the Spirit
That spoke to me then began to do His work. Confident in what I could do,
I then set forth to Light up the city and would eventually find the rest.....
Those others that I was told I would encounter...........



Musical Inspiration: Disciple - Once and For All

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the people said...